Lymphatic Compression is a signature treatment Chelsey has been using in-clinic for over 25 years in combination with her specialised lymphatic massages. Our Normatec compression units use air pressure, similar to a blood pressure machine, to inflate a suit that squeezes your arms, legs, or abdomen in a rhythmic motion, similar to a massage. The feeling is completely relaxing, with most clients falling asleep in the 30-minute session. The session begins by compressing your feet, hands, or upper quad (depending on which attachment you are using), increasing venous return and rapidly accelerating the body’s reabsorption of the elements that cause soreness and fatigue in the muscles. Similar to the kneading and stroking did during a massage, each segment of the attachment will first compress in a pulsatile manner and then release increasing circulation on all levels of the venous system, effectively removing metabolic wastes while you are relaxed and enjoying every minute.
Normatec Compression is a procedure that can help with lymphatic drainage, potentially making the arms, legs, and abdomen look slimmer or more defined just after one session. The treatment may also ease aches and pains, and detoxify the body from a buildup of toxins. It uses an air pressure machine to inflate a suit that squeezes targeted areas of the body. It feels like a strong massage and is a relaxing therapeutic experience.
The benefits of combining with lymphatic drainage massage are:
- To re-educate the lymphatic system to start flowing better
- For muscle rehabilitation and tissue restructure
- To reduce tissue healing time and inflammation
- For localised body slimming and remodeling of the area of the body chosen
- To reduce cellulite and loose skin after weight loss
- To help ease aches and pains and increase the range of movement
- To increase detoxification
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Release fluid in the lymph nodes which may build up after surgery or after certain cancer treatments
- Lowers stress levels
- Faster exercise recovery
Backed by science, used by the best
Designed by an MD, Ph.D., Normatec is the original, most tested, and most scientifically backed dynamic air compression system on the market. Designed to provide improved mobility and profound restorative healing results. Normatec has long been the most trusted system by the world’s top athletes and consumers everywhere looking to advance their wellness.
Hospitals use the small ‘scuds’ on the feet to help encourage circulation, we take it further with the Normatec Full Body System.
Also great for mental health. Just like a baby feels safe and secure when wrapped tight, weighted blankets and singlets for anxiety sufferers tell the brain it’s ok to relax. Our sessions in the Normatec will have you calm, rested, and feeling as light as a feather.
Who Uses Lymphatic Pneumatic Compression?
Normatec Compression sleeves are used by a wide variety of people. All of the world’s leading athletes and teams will use Normatec compression to enhance their performance. There are very few contraindications meaning they are very safe for all levels of participants.
Why do people use the Normatec Compression system with us?
Because we tell them to! After 25 years of specialising in lymphatic healthcare, our therapists first assess your body finding out which area of your body will benefit most from the increased flow. We have three separate body areas to choose from: hips, legs, and arms. Talk to your therapist about what is the best choice for you.
Who uses Normatec Compression?
Everybody. Workers who sit at a desk all day. Those who have fluid build-up or poor circulation in their legs due to limited movement. Pregnant women, especially in their third trimester. Fitness freaks and athletes who have been training hard and have lactic acid build-up. Runners, cyclists, and sports players need to recover faster so they can keep on training hard.
What does a Normatec session involve?
1. You will arrive at the clinic and be led to the lymphatic compression chair or bed. If you are having a lymphatic massage, (this is recommended) you will enjoy that first. You do not need to remove your clothes, please wear loose-fitting long clothes.
2. Our staff will help you get into the Normatec (which looks sort of like a blood pressure suit). This can be wrapped around the legs, your midsection, arms, or all three.
3. The Normatec is hooked up to a computerised air pressure machine. It will inflate with air and you will feel a squeezing sensation that should feel like pressure, not pain. Your therapist will select the best setting for you.